Morning Magic

Today I am posting two shots.  Before and After!  I recently bought Cokin Filters and oh what a difference they have made.  Post processing time was virtually nothing on this shot, and all I have done is lighten the foreground and part of the driftwood.  Gotta love them Filters!! Hope you enjoy 🙂

After Shot

Before shot

1. nice work Tina, wish i was a brave to get out in the cold in the morning as often as you do

July 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm

• Thanks Julie, most of the time it is because I don’t sleep, so might as well get up and do something constructive 🙂

July 19, 2011 at 9:37 am

2. Hi Katrina lovely shot , may i ask which Cokin filter you used for this image ??

July 19, 2011 at 8:51 am

• Hi Michael. Shot with Canon 5D Mark II, 17-40L with a Hoya screw on ND8 plus, Cokin P Series Graduated filters, ND2, ND4 and ND8. It was shot at 17mm, f/13, ISO 100 for 1 second. Took me a bit to get used to the filters, but now I love them. I had all the filters stacked except the ND2, and things looked intense, but still almost what I was seeing with the naked eye. Add the ND2 and things just became quite surreal. Hope that helps 🙂

July 19, 2011 at 9:36 am

3. Katrina just wondering how you go keeping them dust and lint free ? as mine seem to almost be attracting it,and have hence put me of using them a bit!

July 24, 2011 at 8:44 pm

4. I love this shot. I bought a Cokin ND Grad recently and like what they do for these kinds of shots. Your PP is perfect.

August 14, 2011 at 9:16 am