Securely Bolted

Altered Landscapes aren’t my thing, but I am beginning to think I quite like the concept of them.  On a recent photography trip with a friend, I found myself looking for that elusive “Altered” shot, instead of the typical pretty landscapes I normally do.  And I came home with hundreds of shots of rubbish bins, walls, and ugly buildings!  Go figure!! 🙂

1. Looks like you are really into this Tina. This is quite good. I don’t think they are my thing either but they sometimes look good Something different i guess.

November 5, 2011 at 7:04 am

• Thanks Merv, I’m thinking Christian has created a monster now! Twelve months ago I would have said shots like this were pretty wanky, but now, (I can’t believe I am saying this) there really can be a kind of beauty in the ugly!!!

Ok, I’m going to go wash my mouth out now and then shoot some pretty stuff!! 🙂

November 5, 2011 at 8:46 am

2. pretty cool shot, very familiar 🙂

November 5, 2011 at 8:33 am

• Funny that Julie!! I was going for the ‘clean’ grunge look, but you nailed grunge it in your shot.

November 5, 2011 at 8:54 am

3. You need to come up with the next big thing Tina. Funny how we all follow instead of lead.

November 5, 2011 at 8:52 am

• I didn’t want to steal your thunder Merv! I’m waiting to see what you do, so I don’t copy. 😉

It’s hard nowadays to find that original concept, because everything has been done to death. And really, so much is in the post production now too. I know I’ve gone from being so anal about getting it absolutely right in camera, to getting lazy and thinking, I’ll just fix that in PS. And that isn’t a good thing in my opinion.

November 5, 2011 at 9:03 am

4. mervfrench

I’m waiting too see what someone else comes up with so I can follow. he he he !!!

November 5, 2011 at 1:19 pm

5. I dont think it really matters because everything has been done before, well before digital made photography more accessable to the masses of people who enjoy it today.

November 5, 2011 at 11:34 pm

6. You have got an eye for this stuff Tina. This is my fave of all I’ve seen of yours I think.
    I’m going down the artificial lighting path next hoping to create something a bit different. I don’t like textures and altered’s are OK but start looking the same after a while, but then I guess everything does (-:

November 10, 2011 at 6:58 am

7. It’s the beer kegs isn’t it Pete? 😉
    Each medium has its place and I suppose I am having a bit of a ‘phase’ with textures and altered landscapes at the moment, but, I do have to admit a growing unease at the way it seems to be taking “over” photography.
    I had some great wins and places at the Albany Show last night. Half and half with textured shots and good old plain photography. But seeing something so manipulated up against and ordinary photograph, just didn’t seem right to me. It’s like comparing apples and oranges, and I feel a little uncomfortable with some wins, because I know there were outstanding shots, that weren’t manipulated in the same category, which didn’t even get a look in!
    Enough with the soapbox….for now 🙂

November 10, 2011 at 7:44 am

8. I Like it! Nice one Katrina!!

November 20, 2011 at 7:05 pm