For Michael & Julie

As per the suggestions of Michael Lee and Julie Holland, I thought I would post the original shot of Greens Pool, then the version without the texture.

The first shot was taken just about first light, with an exposure of 44 seconds.  I liked it, but felt the blue was overpowering.  So I reduced the saturation and lightened the whole image.  Resulting in the second shot.

And anyone that knows me, knows I am a texture fiend, so I put one on, hence shot 3.

All C&C is gratefully accepted 🙂

1. Hi Katrina
    I actually reckon that if you left the texture in the sky and the rocks but masked it out on the water that you would be onto a winner!!

April 4, 2012 at 11:23 am

2. I like top one best, beautiful blue 🙂

April 4, 2012 at 11:31 am

3. I’m with Julie on this one, I really like the rich colours of the top one. If anything I would overlay the rocks in no. 1 with the rocks from no.2 for their warmth but I don;t think it would add much to an already great shot.

April 4, 2012 at 7:18 pm

4. Roger

Hi Tina

I’m with the others on this. Number 1 is the best .. perhaps the water is a little ‘too” blue.

Textures are something I’ve yet to accept.. they have there place but not universally.

Best discussed over bottles of plonk.

regards

Roger

April 5, 2012 at 7:16 am

5. Have to say I like the top one too
    Love the saturated blue colour and the silky smooth finish to the photo : Regards john

April 18, 2012 at 12:23 pm

6. I love the original shot Tina, I’m not really into textures much myself but each to their own hey. I understand but that your being artistic and it’s great fun to play around. You do what you like and inspires you. It would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things.

April 19, 2012 at 7:34 pm

7. Hi Tina, I agree that the blue is a little strong… so perhaps just desaturate the whole image a little bit. My question to you when you use your ‘textures” is to ask yourself what the purpose of them is… and what do they contribute to what you want the image to say.
    Julie